Saturday, February 5, 2011

Perfect No-Mayo Egg Salad

I'm not sure exactly where my hatred of Mayonnaise comes from. I didn't get it from my family, because I remember that ominous jar always being in the fridge when I was young. I think my dislike is only about half because of the taste. I feel like if I ate any amount it would coat my throat with loathing and make my voice sound like the Target Lady. The other 79% of my dislike just comes from the way it looks in the jar- all jiggly and unholy.

Despite this, I do love _______ salad sandwiches; chicken, tuna and eggy-egg. Today I had the strong (hormonal?) urge to whip this up, and it is quite delicious. One for the mayo-haters.


4 hard-boiled eggs
2 small celery stalks or one large diced
about a quarter of a large cucumber diced
a couple spoonfuls of dill relish
small handful of sliced almonds (or pine nuts would be good. I really love pine nuts.)
JUST enough Italian dressing to get everything conglomerated
few shakes of parmesan cheese

Slap it on some bread and grind a little fresh pepper on it. That is a good sandwich. 

Hendrix wasn't crazy about it, but he did eat about three bites. That usually means if I give it to him 2 or 3 more times he can be won over. 



In other food news, I am quite excited to try making this hot chorizo dip for game day festivities tomorrow- 





And because my mind works in assorted cultural references and analogies, I can't get the Target Lady out of my head now-





P.S. I don't know if you knew this about me, but I love JT unashamedly. 

Happy weekending!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.